Child Policy / Children/Extra Beds
Children 5-12 years are NOT charged for their bed or breakfast, while their other meals are reduced by 50%.
Due largely to its location, Buckingham Place was originally designed more as adult space than kids’ space. However, children 5 years and above can be facilitated and are made as welcome as their parents! On occasion BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT ONLY, the hotel can host slightly younger children but is unable to host babies/infants.
For guests with children 5-12 years of age, BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT our extra-large ground floor suites can accommodate 1 single bed or 1 bunk bed (sleeps 2 children) in a small air conditioned annex. Again by prior arrangement, our extra-large family bedrooms can accommodate either 1 or 2 extra single beds. These beds are suitable for children or adults.
Please note; all of our bedrooms and suites, including those mentioned above, feature 1 fixed position double bed. Each extra guest aged 13 years and above, is charged US$30 per night* and would necessarily be accommodated in an extra-large bedroom with an extra single bed (*includes breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner & service/exclude alcoholic beverages).
Sorry! Child suitable accommodation and extra beds MUST BE REQUESTED PRIOR TO RESERVATION as both are subject to availability – thank you.
The warmest of welcomes await you 2.30 pm onwards, with check-out time set at 10.30am unless different arrangements are agreed prior to your arrival. With early arrival/late departure we try to be as flexible as possible and charge no extra in either case, depending on the occupancy situation at the time.
Please note: on arrival we must take your temperature and ask straightforward questions about your health and previous travel. Throughout your stay we must repeat this at various intervals.
Airport transfers/transport is excluded from our rates but easily arranged with approved sub-contractors at competitive prices. Currently, Sri Lanka’s tourism protocols prevent travelers roaming around freely, away from their hotels. They may only visit SLTDA approved establishments and touristic sites with designated drivers.
Driver accommodation must be pre-arranged, and is provided off-site at a nearby village house. Their first night, evening meal and breakfast next morning, is complimentary. All subsequent nights are charged to your final bill at US$15 per night.
- Transaction methods at the hotel are in local currency (Sri Lankan rupees), MasterCard & Visa credit cards only. Please remember to advise your credit card issuer of your holiday destination and carry alternative means of payment should your credit card be unusable for some reason.
- Rates quoted includes a-la-carte Breakfast, local levies and service.
- Local currency can be obtained in the airport Arrivals Hall and throughout Sri Lanka (including Tangalle) from ATM’s and banks.
Tourist Travel Visas (known as an Electronic Travel Authorization/ETA) must be applied for prior to travel. You can do so online at www.eta.gov.lk.
- The tourism mobile app Visit Sri Lanka is incorporated into the online visa application and available through both Play Store and App Store.
- Travelers are required to download the mobile app for coordination and facilitation purposes.
- When applying for visas you will need a pre-confirmed booking at a Level 1 Safe & Secure Hotel for up to 14 days – we will automatically provide this when you book with us.
- You must obtain Covid-19 travel insurance for Sri Lanka (US$50,000 cover for a period of one month is mandatory – cost: US$12)
- Travelers must pay for PCR testing – the number of tests depends on your length of stay (US$40 per test).
- Please visit www.srilanka.travel/helloagain/ for more information
On Christmas Day and New Years’ Eve we charge a per-person supplement irrespective of whether guests remain in the hotel on these days. The supplement includes all meals and snacks served throughout these days excluding alcoholic beverages. The supplement is non-refundable but ensures you will not go hungry or miss out on our generosity and enjoyable festivities!
We respectfully remind visitors that Sri Lanka is a tropical, equatorial destination. Hotels, irrespective of size, can be blessed with abundant calling birds and other interesting wildlife including fascinating insects and reptiles. Regularly, troupes of monkeys swing through our trees and are not to be missed – be camera ready!
While our guests can access Rekawa’s beach from the garden, at night ONLY it comes under the purview of a sea turtle nest protection project and wildlife rangers. For natures’ sake, night access is reserved for supervised turtle watching. Please see ‘Being here’ on this website for more info.
Rekawa Beach is wild, breathtakingly beautiful and usually deserted. Sea bathing is not advised within the immediate vicinity of the hotel but a nearby rock pool and much safer beaches are easily accessed on foot or by TukTuk.
Our Liquor Licence
In observance of local culture and licensing laws: on Poya full moon days and during religious festivals, and on notable public/national days (occasionally at short notice), only unopened alcohol can be served, and only then to guest accommodation. On such occasions alcohol may not be consumed at the restaurant or in the garden.
Alcohol purchased from us may only be consumed on this property.
Rs.1000 ‘corkage’ per bottle is automatically levied in the event of guests bringing their own alcohol to the restaurant and/or for delivery of glasses to accommodation for own alcohol consumption.
- WIFI is accessible in all Bedrooms and Suites (subject to signal) and usage is free – please bring your own device/s.
- Currently all laundry is outsourced and takes approximately 2 days to be returned. The hotel does not charge for handling/delivery/collection.