5 STEPS for fully vaccinated travelers(with no history including transit, of travel to travel restricted countries within 14 days of landing).
- Go to our BOOK NOW button at www.buckinghamplace.lk to book your stay dates. Alternatively, feel free to reply with your preferred dates and questions.
- Now visit www.visitsrilanka.gov.lk to obtain mandatory Covid-19 insurance at USD12 per person (USD50,000 covers a period of one month) and obtain the tourism reference number required for step 3, application for a Sri Lanka ETA (Electronic Travel Authorisation aka visa).
- Now you have a tourism reference number (step 2 above) visit www.eta.gov.lk for your Sri Lanka ETA.
- You can now book your flight and ‘fit to fly’ PCR test/s (test must be within 72 hours of flight boarding time).
- Finally, please email us your flight details. We’ll reconfirm everything and provide details of your driver / transfer to the hotel (max £60 1-5 passengers).
That’s it, just 5 steps, just remember to check-in with your passport/s, tickets/s and printed copies of:-
- Sri Lanka ETA/s
- Negative fit-to-fly PCR certificate/s
- Official Covid-19 vaccination record/s in English (full vaccination must be completed at least 14 days prior to flight)
- Covid-19 insurance document/s
If need be, we’ll liaise with the Ministry of Tourism on your behalf, and arrange transport to/from the airport or anywhere on the island. If protocols change we’ll assist with whatever crops up, and if you must cancel, we ask only that you notify us as early as possible please, preferably more than 72 hours before you are due to arrive.
Have a pleasant flight!
Your driver will welcome you from your flight, then whisk you away to where you’ll awake to the sound of waves gently crashing to the shore, where songs of resident peacocks signal sundowner time!
This is a place not a chain, with no run-of-the-mill hotel deals or empty promise packages. Instead, we personalise paradise with our hospitality centric ethos. Our 50-strong team, headed by the property’s owner, Nick Buckingham, is ready to cater to your every whim. Here, everyone is a VIP so expect to be treated as one.
Buckingham Place is small place with a great big heart, put together with a lots of soul, flair and dedication. Treat it like home and go at your own pace, everyone remembers it’s your time not theirs, and that it’s precious. Genuine, heartfelt hospitality is alive and well at Buckingham Place – with not a QR code in sight.
Believe in Sri Lanka… and a place where normal still exists.
Buckingham Place is one of only a handful of Sri Lankan hotels ever to achieve Trip Advisors Travelers Choice award: Best of Best Top Small Hotels – WORLD.